Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Guatemala Support

Dear Family and Friends!

It is with great excitement and anticipation that I announce I will be heading to Guatemala on a mission trip in less than 55 days! Wow! I have longed to go serve and love on the people of the Buena Vista, Guatemala village for over two years now.

My best friends, Jon and Vanessa, began serving and taking trips to this village back in 2009. Along with Ki4tK Ministries, the student and college ministries of my church have became greatly involved in both raising support and going to serve there!

The missionary family that leads the ministry down there are natives of Lake City so it makes this ministry and opportunity much more personal! Their ministry is called DeepStream Guatemala (http://www.deepsteamguatemala.com/). The ministry has two main arms:

1) A Boys Sports Academy where the goal is to bring up godly men of character with education and work ethic in order to bring lasting changes of hope in their village.

2) Meeting the needs of the poor in the village through providing food baskets, small gifts such as clothes and then larger gifts such as building homes for families (the homes in the village are made of scraps of cardboard, crates, and corn stalk with dirt floors).

I have attached a video of a trip from last summer for you to see the ministry and village with your own eyes!

I’m beyond excited to jump on that plane and go! I write to you today to first to share this beautiful ministry with you! Second to ask for your prayers of support as we prepare and as we go. Our trip is March 31-April 7, 2012. Pray for our team to hear clearly from God on how we specifically are to reach, love and serve the people over the six days we will be there. And third I write you to ask for your prayerful consideration of supporting me financially as I still have a large amount to pay for email me at colemarieg@hotmail.com and I will send you a form sharing with you how you may support.


Again this has been a prayer and desire of mine to go for over two years. It is awesome to see why God has waited until now for me to go! Feel free to ask and I’ll share all those details!

Thank you! Blessings!

Nicole Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment